Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanks Martin



Martin Broughton stepped down as chairman of Liverpool and his last game was watching the Reds beat West Ham 3-0. Thanks to him and his team we got rid of Tom Hicks and George Gillett after a few court cases and behind the scenes drama. Broughton will still remain the chairman of British Airways.

Broughton said: "This evening's game is my last home fixture as Chairman.

"It was always my stated intention to stand down once the sale was completed and I am happy that the club is now in good hands.

"This has been one of the most memorable experiences of my working life and would like to wish Liverpool and its supporters every success for the future.

"Everybody associated with the club can now look forward to an exciting future with the right owners and the club on a secure financial footing.

"I am proud to have been chairman during this turbulent time and would like to thank you all for the support you gave me, Christian Purslow, Ian Ayre and all the staff."

Thanks again Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment